For the day 2 of blogging Marathon I chose the theme Birthday party and for the next few days I will be focusing towards the birthday theme.
As kids always like to have some finger food with the ketchup thought the cutlet would be apt for the starter.To make it more healthier I shallow fried the cutlets instead of deep frying.Now off to the recipe........................
|Potato||2 nos.(medium size)|
|Mixed veggies(carrot,beans,peas and corn)||1/2cup(finely chopped)|
|Garam masala powder||1/2tsp|
|Oil||as needed for frying|
|All purpose flour/maida||2tbs|
- Cook the macaroni in the boiling water till gets soft,drain the excess water and let it cool.Pressure cook the potatoes for 2 whistles and mash it,set it aside.
- Cook the finely chopped veggies with a pinch of salt and sprinkle some water,microwave it for 3-4 minutes.Drain if any excess water is left.
- Now in a mixing bowl add the mashed potatoes,cooked macaroni,mixed veggies,salt,red chilly powder,garam masala powder,finely chopped coriander leaves.Mix everything well till it gets blend thoroughly.
- Now take a small lemon sized of the above mixture and make it to a smooth ball and flatten it to a disc.Continue for the rest and keep it.
- Now to the all purpose flour add 1/4 cup of water and a pinch of salt,mix it to a thin batter.Heat the pan with a tbs of oil.
- Take a flattened disc,dip it in the thin batter and then dust it with the bread crumbs.
- Drop it in the pan 4-5 discs at a time and fry it both sides till golden.Drain it on a paper towel.
- Serve it ketchup.
- It can be deep fried also in the oil and if the cutlets spread in the oil add 2tbs of all purpose flour to the mixture.