Paasiparuppu murukku is a crunchy snack which is so flavorful and has a distinct taste, also called as Maghizhampoo Murukku since the star shape blade is used.We make it for Diwali and originally it is deep fried in coconut oil which gives a nice aroma to this murukku.Here follows the recipe for tasty and crunchy murukku...
Pressure cook the moong dhal with enough water till it becomes soft.Once it becomes cold mash it well.In a large mixing bowl take the rice flour,moong dhal,butter,sesame seeds,asafoetida and salt.
- Sesame seeds can be replaced by cumin seeds(jeera).
- Originally it is fried in coconut oil but here I mixed 2tbs of coconut oil in the regular oil to get the flavor.
- Chilly powder can be added to get a spicy murukku.
- Squeezing the murukku on a flat ladle is easy to drop in the oil.
- Butter can be replaced with hot oil or ghee
Sending this one to Cooking with Seeds - Mung Beans