Hello friends!!Today I am here with a simple North Indian Thali for a friend's Birthday who is a well known blogger.Yes its Manjula of Desi Fiesta.
To celebrate her birthday we some of friends decided to to give a virtual party with Thali,here I made a simple North Indian Thali.
The thali consists of
1.Aloo Methi Paratha
3.Mixed vegetable Raita
6.Dry Gulab jamun(store bought)
7.Apple milkshake with rose kulfi
Aloo Methi Paratha
Today I am sharing you the recipe for Aloo methi paratha and rest of the recipes will share later.Now off to the recipe..........
For the Paratha
|Oil or ghee||2tsp|
|Water to knead||as needed|
|Fenugreek leaves/methi leaves||11/2cups|
|Potato(boiled and mashed)||3(medium size)|
|Garam masala powder||1/4tsp|
- Mix the ingredients given to make paratha in a wide bowl and mix well with water as needed to a soft dough and set it aside.Boil the potato in the pressure cooker and mash it or grate with carrot grater.
- Heat the pan with 2tsp of oil and crackle the cumin seeds then goes
in the green chilly and grated ginger.
Now add the methi leaves and fry it for a minute mashed potato,give it a mix.
- Then put in the chilly powder,turmeric powder,aamchur powder,garam masal powder and salt.Stir it well,let it cook for a minute or two.Finally add the coriander leaves and mix it well.
- After cooling divide into equal portions and also divide the dough into equal portions.
- Flatten the dough into 3' disc and keep the stuffing and seal it.Then roll into a paratha of desired thickness on a floured surface.
- Cook it on a hot griddle both sides till it cooks and drizzle a tsp of oil or butter or ghee according to your preference.
- Serve it raitha or pickle or curry of your choice.
- Use of all purpose flour dusting helps to roll the paratha easily.
- The potato needs to be mashed well and instead of chopped green chilly,chilly powder can be used.