|Baking soda||a generous pinch|
|All purpose flour/maida||31/2-4cups|
- In a wide bowl take the butter,sugar,baking soda,sugar and rub it till it becomes creamy.
- Now add the milk and mix it well,to this add the all purpose flour and knead it to a dough.
- The kneaded dough should be in a poori dough consistency.Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Roll the divided portion into a 1/4inch chappathi and cut it into diamond or square shape.
- Spread the cut diamonds in a plate or paper and dry it for 5 minutes,then deep fry it in the oil in a medium flame till it becomes golden color.
- Maida biscuit is ready.
- The amount of maida given is approximate it can be added till the dough gets thick(for me it took 33/4 cups)
- While frying in the oil turn one or two times only otherwise the biscuits will break.
- The biscuit needs to be fried in a low to medium flame otherwise it will turn brown without cooking.
- If the kneaded dough is not thick the biscuits will absorb more oil.
- Instead of butter,vegetable shortening such as vanaspathi can also be used.The biscuits will not be crispy when it is hot but after cooling it will be crunchy and soft.