Last week when I was making aloo paratha for him just got the idea of adding oats to the stuffing along with some spices and the end result is a tasty and delicious,healthy paratha.Now off to the recipe.........
For the Paratha
|Oil or ghee||2tsp|
|Water to knead||as needed|
|Potato(boiled and mashed)||1no.(medium size)|
- Mix the ingredients given to make paratha in a wide bowl and mix well with water as needed to a soft dough and set it aside.Boil the potato in the pressure cooker and mash it or grate with carrot grater.
- Heat the pan with 2tsp of oil and crackle the cumin seeds then goes in the green chilly and grated ginger. Now add the mashed potato,oats and sprinkle 2tbs of water,give it a mix.Then put in the chilly powder,turmeric powder,aamchur powder and salt.Stir it well,let it cook for a minute or two.Finally add the coriander leaves and mix it well.
- After cooling divide into equal portions and also divide the dough into equal portions.
- Flatten the dough into 3' disc and keep the stuffing and seal it.Then roll into a paratha of desired thickness on a floured surface.
- Cook it on a hot griddle both sides till it cooks and drizzle a tsp of oil or butter or ghee according to your preference.
- Serve it raitha or pickle or curry of your choice.
- Do not sprinkle too much of water,otherwise the fill may turns out mushy.