Ennai Kathirikkai Kulambhu is a spicy,tangy kulambhu in which baby eggplants are stuffed with a spice powder and cooked in a tamarind sauce.
This kulambhu is one of my family's favorite and its is my mom's version of making ennai kathirikkai kulambhu.
Last week in the local farmers market I found out the baby eggplants and wanted to try,it came out delicious.Here is the recipe for yummy and tangy kulambhu......
|Tamarind Paste||2tsp(diluted in a cup of water)|
|Chilly powder/milagai podi||11/2tsp|
|Coriander powder/dhaniya podi||2tsp|
|Turmeric powder/manjal podi||1/4tsp|
|Sesame oil/nalla ennai||4tbs|
To roast and grind
For the Seasoning
Start by heating a pan and dry roast the given ingredients to a golden color,grind it to a coarse powder.
- Once the kulambhu becomes cool down it gets thick,so adjust the consistency according to preference.
- I used the tamarind paste,if you are using tamarind a small lemon sized is needed for the given measurement.
- Instead of chilly and coriander powder,sambhar powder can also be used.
- Use the same sized eggplants to get the eggplants cooked evenly.
- Using the sesame oil gives a nice flavor and taste to the kulambhu.