This one is made with roasted gram dhal(pottukadalai) powder or gram flour(kadalamaavu/besan) along with rice flour.Garlic and red chilly paste is the highlight of this murukku which gives a very nice flavor.My mom uses curry leaves along with the garlic and red chilly but I didn't have fresh curry leaves I avoided.Here is the recipe..............................
- Grind the garlic and red chilly to a fine paste and keep it aside.Heat a pan with oil and keep it in a medium flame.
- Sieve the flours and take it in a bowl,add salt to it.To this add the ground paste,hot oil,butter and mix it to a dough with water.
- Fill the murukku press with the prepared dough with the single eyed star disc.Squeeze it into a circular motion and make the spirals as shown on a plate or paper or a rolling board.
- Drop the spirals in the hot oil and cook it in a medium flame till the sizzling sound ceases or till golden.Drain it on a paper towel.
- Store it in an airtight container after it cools completely.
- This murukku doesn't need cumin seeds or sesame seeds,as the flavor of the garlic is enough.
- Grind the garlic and red chilly to a very fine paste otherwise pass it through a strainer if it is not grind properly.
- Instead of making spirals it can be directly squeeze into the oil.
Check out my fellow bloggers running in Blogging Marathon #25.