As Rama Navami(Lord Rama's birthday) is nearing I thought of sharing this traditional drink which made as prasadham for that day.
Also offered as prasadham in temples especially in summer days as it is a body coolant and thirst quencher.
This drink is a very simple one which doesn't need any fancy ingredients and the flavor of cardamom and ginger with the hint of lemon makes it so refreshing.Now on to the recipe......................
|Ginger(crushed)||1 inch piece|
- Dissolve the jaggery in 21/2 cups of water and add the crushed ginger,leave it for 10 minutes.
- After the jaggery completely dissolved in the water pass it through a strainer to remove the impurities and the ginger.
- To this add cardamom powder and lemon juice,let it sit for10 minute.
- Serve it.
- For extra flavor a small rice grain size of edible camphor can be added.
- Originally dry ginger(sukku)is added instead of fresh ginger.
- The amout of water and lemon juice can be decreased and increased according to personal preference.
- To serve it chilled add some ice cubes.