Today's recipe is an instant version of mango pickle we make it in mango season.As we are not a big fans of pickle my mom doesn't make other varieties,makes this version of pickle and keep it for a week.
Here the mangoes available are not firm and sour enough rarely I make it for parties to accompany with the curd rice.Now off to the recipe..................
|Raw Mango(finely chopped)||11/2cups|
|Chilly powder/milagai podi||11/4tsp|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
- Dry roast the fenugreek and the mustard seeds and powder it in a mortar and pestle,keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with the oil and splutter the mustard seeds,add the curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Now add the chopped mango and saute it for a minute,then add the chilly powder,salt and mix it well.
- Add the ground powder and put off the flame,mix it well till everything gets blended.
- Serve it with curd rice.
- Instead of red chilly powder,dry roast 5-6 red chillies and powder it.
- This pickle stays good for a week in room temperature and 2 weeks in the refrigerator.