We are entering into the 4 th week of Blogging Marathon and the theme is Miscellaneous and supposed to share some kitchen basics,crafts and garnishing.
Today I am sharing a very simple and comforting food apt for summer and some garnishing tips to make the food more appealing.
Friends I am not a professional food stylist,here I am sharing you the garnishing which I do it to take a decent photos.
I always feel a simple food looks more gorgeous and tempting with garnishing..Now off to the recipe......
|Green chilly(finely chopped)||2no.|
|Raw mango/maangai(finely chopped)||2tsp|
|Curry leaves(chopped)||1 sprig|
|Asafoetida/perungayam||a generous pinch|
- Cook the rice in a pressure cooker with 21/2 cups of water for 3-4 whistles.The rice should be soft and mushy.
- Mash the cooked rice with the ladle and add the salt,milk and to it,mix it well.
- Heat a pan with oil and do the tempering with mustard seeds then add the red and green chillies,asafoetida,curry leaves and corianader leaves.
- Finally add the ginger and raw mango stir it once and put off the fire.
- Add this to the rice and mix it well till everything blends.
- Garnish it with grated carrot and fried curd chilly.
- Serve it with pickle.
How to Garnish
Ripe red chilly-1no.
Raw mango slice-1no.
Take the coriander stems and take out the leaves and keep it aside.Now remove the stalk of the chilly carefully and insert a tooth pick in the bottom and remove it.In the hole carefully insert the coriander stem and set it aside.
Now take the mango and peel the skin with the peeler and with the help of the peeler,peel the mango to two inch slice.
Now carefully with the help of scissors cut the mango slice to a leaf shape,then make small slits in the end of both sides.Arrange this on a plate as shown.