So today's recipe is with the sweet corn and soya nuggets which is a starter/snack which I adapted it from a T.V show.Her goes the recipe.................
|Soya nuggets||15nos.(bigger size)|
|Garam masala powder||1/2tsp|
|Maida/all purpose flour||4tbs|
|Oil||as needed for frying|
- Cook the soya nuggets in a boiling water,squeeze the excess water and pulse it in the blender to a coarse paste.Boil the potatoes and mash it.
- Cook the corn kernels in the microwave or boiling water and mash coarsely it,keep aside.
- Heat couple of tsp of oil in pan and saute the onions and green chilly,once the onions turn transparent add the grated ginger &garlic.Saute it till the raw smell disappears.
- To this add the soya,corn and salt,mix it well,cook it for a minute or two.Now add the mashed potato and mix it well.
- Finally add the garam masala powder,lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves give it a mix.Let the mixture gets cool down.
- Add the all purpose flour and mix it well.Pinch out a small lemon sized ball and make it to a oblong shape.
- Heat the pan in a medium heat and deep fry 4-5 croquettes for a batch till golden and crisp.
- Drain it on a kitchen towel.
- The original recipe is with the soya granules if you are using soya granules use 1/2cup.
- The taste of the croquettes is nice if it is deep fried but it can be shallow fried.The taste will be slightly different.
- Mash the corn slightly,to prevent popping and the green chillies can be substituted with the red chilly powder.
- Maintain the temperature in a medium flame otherwise the croquettes will separate.
- Do a trial fry if it is separated then add little more of all purpose flour and mix it well or roll the croquettes in all purpose flour.
Check out my fellow bloggers recipe who is participating in Blogging Marathon#26.