Masala peanuts is my hubby's favorite.This is a very simple,easy to make snack or a party starter and tastes good.Originally it is deep fried in the oil but I like to make it in the microwave oven to cut down the calories and make more healthier.Now to the recipe.....
- Peanuts(unroasted) -1cup
- Gram flour(besan) - 4 tbs
- Rice flour -2tbs
- Red chilly powder -1 tsp or according to taste
- Garam masala powder -1/2tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Turmeric powder -1/2tsp
- Salt -as per taste
- Oil - 2tbs
Soak the peanuts in the water for 5 minutes,mix all the dry ingredients together and keep it aside.Drain the water completely and sprinkle the powder to the peanuts and toss it gently to coat evenly.
- Cooking time differs from oven to oven.
- Depends on the peanut size one can increase or decrease the amount of besan.
- Adding curry leaves gives an extra flavour.
- When it is hot the peanuts may not be crisp but after cooling it will be crispy.