Fruit custard is an easy and colorful,comforting dessert can be served after a heavy meal.This is my family's favorite and I make it for almost parties and get togethers especially with a heavy non-vegetarian meal.
All you need is to chop fruits of your choice and add it to the cooked custard and serve.The custard can be cooked on the previous day and refrigerated,just add the chopped fruits at the time of serving.Off to the recipe................
Preparation Time ~ 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time ~ 10 minutes
Cooling Time ~ 2 hours
Serves ~ 3
|Custard powder(any flavor)||2tbs|
(I used apple,grapes,banana
Boil 13/4 cups of milk in a medium flame for 10 minutes.Meanwhile with remaining 1/4 cup mix the custard powder with no lumps and keep it aside.
Once the milk boiled add the sugar and let it simmer for 5 minutes,now reduce the flame completely and add the custard powder mixture,mix it well.Let it cook for a minute or two till it become thick,remove it from the flame.Let it come to the room temperature,chill it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
At the time of serving add the required amount of fruits in the serving bowl and top it the required amount of chilled custard.
If needed top it with some nuts.
- After the custard is cooked completely immediately remove it from the fire otherwise it may become thick and lumpy.
- If you are making it for a big crowd keep the chilled custard separately and chilled fruits separately and its easy to store the leftover separately.
- Keep the chopped fruits in the refrigerator till serving to prevent the browning.
- Fruits of your choice can be added.
- If the custard becomes too thick just add 2-3 tbs of milk and mix it well.
Check out the fellow bloggers participating in Blogging Marathon #35.