Legumes are class of vegetables that includes beans and peas.
Legumes are typically low in fat, contain no cholesterol, and are high in folate, potassium, iron and magnesium. They also contain beneficial fats and soluble and insoluble fiber. A good source of protein, legumes can be a healthy substitute for meat.
Some of the common legumes are
- Adzuki beans/Red chori/Thattapayaru
- Black beans
- Black eye beans
- Chickpeas/Garbanzo beans/Channa
- Cranberry beans
- Cow peas/Vellakaramani/Alasanda
- Fava beans
- Green peas
- Lima beans
- Moth beans
- Mung beans
- Pinto beans
- Pink beans
- Red Kidney beans or Rajma
- The event starts from 1 -30th April 2013.
- Any number of entries can be accepted but only 2 archives entries are accepted and needs to be re posted,else it is not accepted.
- Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes are accepted,only chicken,fish and eggs are only allowed.
- Use of logo is mandatory as it helps the word spread.
- The entry must be linked back to my announcement page as well to Pari's announcement page.
- Non bloggers also participate in this event send their entries to email@example.com on or before April 30th 2013.
- The winner will be selected by randomly by Pari at the end of the event for a cookbook of Tarladalal.
- The winner be make an arrangement to provide an address in India if living in abroad as it is delivered only in India.
- I will post the roundup in a week after the completion of the event.
For entries from India For entries from outside India