Today's recipe is a delicious curry which can be made with the mixed vegetables and fresh beans.This curry goes very well with roti and rice,for this recipe I used fresh cranberry beans.
Cranberry beans are white beans with red marks which highly rich in protein and fiber.These beans are also called as borlotti beans.
Here is the recipe for the delicious and tasty curry.......
|Curry leaves(chopped)||2 sprigs|
|Ginger||1/2 inch piece|
|Cinnamon(pattai)||1/2 inch piece|
Cook the cranberry beans in the pressure cooker for a whistle with a pinch of salt.Put the cauliflower florets in the hot water with salt and turmeric powder and cut the french beans into one inch pieces.Boil or bake the potatoes and cut it into cubes.Grind the ingredients given to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,saute the onion till transparent with a pinch of salt and add the tomatoes,cook it until mushy.
- Add the chopped green beans and saute it for a minute.Now add the chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and salt to it.
- Mix it well and add the ground paste and fry it well.Add 1/2 cup of water to it and cook it covered until the beans is tender.
- Once the beans is done add the cauliflower and cranberry beans,mix it well.Finally add the potatoes and mix it gently.
- Keep it in the medium flame for 4- 5 minutes or till the masala gets blended well.Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with roti or rice.
- Instead of cranberry beans fresh green peas can be used.
- Other veggies such as carrot,broccoli also be used.
- If the masala gets stick to the pan add a tbs of oil to it.
- Saute the ground paste till the raw smell goes off.
- The red color marks on the cranberry beans will disappear after cooking.
- If you don't want to use coconut use one more onion and tomato while sauting but adding the coconut paste gives nice flavor and taste to the curry.
- Use half a tsp of garam masala powder and 2 tsp of ginger&garlic paste if you are not using coconut.