We are entering the 4th week fo Cooking Carnival in Mega Blogging Marathon edition.For this week I am sharing the dosa recipes with stuffing/filling.
For day 1 its one such, evergreen and classic recipe,Mysore Masala Dosa.Already I have shared a version of masala dosa here with the regular dosa batter.But for this version of Mysore Masala Dosa,I prepared a separate dosa batter to get a nice golden color.I followed the recipe from Mrs.Mallika Badrinath's cook book with few alterations.
Usually Mysore Masala dosa is on the thicker side and a spicy garlic chutney is applied on the dosa and filled with potato masala.As we prefer the crispy dosa,I made it slightly on the crisper side.Also butter can be used to cook the dosa.
- The batter consistency is very important to get a nice dosa.If you are sure with consistency then do a trial dosa and adjust it.
- While pouring the batter on the griddle,the flame should in medium.Then only it will be easy to spread.
- Use a flat base ladle to spread the dosa.
- A perfect fermented batter is the key to get a nice golden crispy dosa.Also the addition of rice flakes and fenugreek seeds also.
- The amount of ingredients given for chutney is enough for 4 dosas,so adjust the amount.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68