For the final day of instant dosa varieties in Cooking Carnival is mixed flour dosa.It can be called as multi grain dosa too.We call this dosa as karachamaavu dosa,as flour is mixed and made into dosa.
Nowadays mixed grain or multi grain flour is available in market to make the work easier.But I don't get those mix here,so I make with the flours available and make dosa.
Coming to the recipe I have used ragi,jowar and sorghum flour along with wheat,rice flour.One can modify the recipe according to the availability of the flours.Sometimes I add a cup of fermented dosa batter,along with the flours.Here I have used small quantity of rice flour,but for a crispier version it can be increased.Let's move on to the recipe......
- Do the trial with the first dosa,accordingly adjust the consistency of the water.If the batter is too thin or thick the dosa won't comes out nice.
- Mix the batter completely before making each dosa as it tends to settle in the bottom.
- Drizzle the oil to the dosa once the batter is cooked otherwise it will take a long time to cook and be generous with oil to get a crispy dosa.
- Rice flour can be increased up to 3/4 cup to get a crispy version.
- Cook it in a medium flame to get a nice golden color.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68