|Fresh Methi leaves/vendhaya keerai||1cup|
|Curry leaves(chopped)||1 sprigs|
|Thick Coconut milk||1/3cup|
|Red chilly powder||2tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/2tsp|
- Clean and cut the chicken to bite size pieces and to this add the ingredients given for marination.Mix it well and refrigerate for an hour or more.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the cumin seeds,fennel,cloves and cinnamon.
- Add the green chilly,onion and methi leaves,saute it till the onion gets transparent.
- Then add the ginger&garlic paste and 1/24tsp of salt,cook it till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the marinated chicken and saute it till it changes the color or 3-4 minutes.
- To this add 1 cup of water and cook it covered in a medium flame for 7-8 minutes or till the chicken gets cooked completely.
- Now to this add the coconut milk and cook it for only one boil and the chopped coriander leaves turn off the stove.
- Finally add the lemon juice and mix it well.
- Serve it after 2 hours with rice or roti to get the flavors incorporate well.
- Use of fresh methi give a nice flavor and aroma to the curry,do not use the kasoori methi as it changes the taste and flavor entirely.
- I used the store bought coconut milk as it is really thick and gives a creamy texture.
- The over night marination gives nice taste and the chicken will be juicy.
- No tomato is added in this curry and adding the yogurt and lemon juice gives the tanginess to the curry.
- Do not boil the curry after adding the coconut milk for a long time and add the lemon juice after turn off the flame.