Most of dinner would be either roti and some curry or idly and chutney,my son loves to have some gravies for roti rather than dhal so I prefer to make curry.
Last week got a pack of mushrooms and fresh green peas and made this delicious curry which goes very well with roti and paratha.Lets get into the recipe........................
|Button Mushroom||1lb(450 gms)|
|Fresh Green peas/pattani/matar||3/4cup|
|Ginger/inji||1 inch piece|
|Red chilly powder/milagai podi||11/4tsp|
|Coriander powder/dhania podi||1tsp|
|Garam masaal powder||1/4tsp|
|Turmeric powder/Manjal podi||1/4tsp|
|Thick Coconut milk||1/4cup|
- Wash and clean the mushrooms,pat dry dry them.Trim or remove the stalk and quartered the mushrooms.
- Cook the green peas in the microwave or boiling water with a pinch of salt.Saute the mushrooms in a tsp of oil in a pan and keep it aside.
- Now add a tsp oil in the same pan and saute the onion,ginger and garlic then goes in tomato with a pinch of salt.Grind the mixture to a fine paste once it becomes cool.
- Now in the same pan heat the remaining oil and crackle the cumin seeds,add the green chillies and ground paste.Stir and cook it till the oil separates.Then add the chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and salt,stir it well till everything blends.
- Add little water and cook it now add the green peas and cook it for a boil.Then add the sauteed mushrooms.
- Cook it for 2- 3 minutes,then add the coconut milk and allow to boil for a minute or two.Finally add the coriander leaves and garam masala powder.Mix it well and put off the flame.
- Matar mushroom is ready.
Serve it with roti or paratha.
- Instead of green peas,soaked and cooked dried peas can be used,but flavor will be very nice wth the green peas.
- I used the coconut milk powder for the coconut milk you can use the thick fresh coconut milk.
- Add garam masala powder in the end to get a nice flavor.
- The ginger and garlic can be replaced with 2tsp of ginger&garlic paste.