Egg roll is a life saver for me whenever I have to cook lunch only for myself or feel very lazy to cook.This is a healthy and filling roll which is a popular street food of Kolkata and learned this from one of my Bengali neighbor.My son is also an ardent fan of this egg roll and love to have with generous tomato ketchup.All you need is some plain wheat parathas or rotis and egg,if some frozen parathas are there then work will be done in minutes.Off to the recipe.................................
|Whole Wheat Paratha/roti/||2nos.|
|Onion(thinly sliced)||1no.(medium size)|
|Black pepper powder||1/2tsp|
|Red chilly powder||1/8tsp|
|Tomato ketchup/sweet&sour sauce||4tsp|
- Whisk the egg along with salt,black pepper powder,red chilly powder and keep it aside.
- Heat a griddle and meanwhile take the onion,green chilly,coriander leaves and a pinch of salt,mix it well.
- Now coat the pan with a few drops of oil and pour the egg mixture and drizzle a tsp of oil,immediately place the paratha/wrap and cook it.
- Flip it to the other side and cook it for a minute.Remove it from the griddle and keep it on a plate.
- Place some onion mixture and drizzle the ketchup,squeeze a dash of lemon and roll it.
- Wrap it with the parchment paper or aluminum foil in one end.
- Serve it immediately.
- Thinly sliced tomato and cucumber can also be used.
- Store bought Malaysian parathas can be used as wrap.
- I used one egg for each paratha but it can be increased to two.
- Instead of wheat flour,all purpose flour can be used to make paratha or both can be mixed and made.