Besan Toast is one such dish has so many avatars in my kitchen for a healthy breakfast,weekend brunch,lunch on a lazy afternoon or a good snack for a rainy evening.
To make it more healthier I add veggies such as grated carrot,chopped spinach or cabbage depending on the availability.Off to the recipe.............................
|Gram flour/besan/kadala maavu||1/4cup|
|Red chilly powder/milagai podi||1/2tsp|
|Chaat masala powder||1/4tsp|
- Mix everything together except oil and bread in a bowl with 1/4cup of water.
- Heat a griddle or pan and toast the bread both sides till it is crispy.Keep it on a plate.
- Now spread the mixture on one side,add oil on the griddle and place the bread with the mixture side in the bottom.Cook it in a medium flame by pressing the bread with the spatula so that it cooks evenly.
- Flip it to the other side and cook it for a minute.
- Serve it immediately with tomato ketchup.
- I usually spread the mixture for one side only as my family prefers little crispy.If you want you can use it for both the sides.
- Toasting the bread is optional as we want crispy I toast it.
- If I am making it for kids I replace the green chilly with the red chilly powder and instead of oil butter/ghee can be used.
Check out my fellow bloggers recipe in Blogging Marathon#25.