For the day 3 of blogging marathon#24 is vegetable fried rice which doesn't need an introduction.If you ask most of us for the favorite Chinese dish,the answer would be Fried rice and Manchurian.I am not exceptional,Vegetable fried is my all time favorite and whenever we go to restaurant my order would be the simple and delicious fried rice.This rice can be made with left over rice also now on to the recipe..................
|Basmathi rice/long grain rice||3/4cup|
|Capsicum/bell pepper(thinly sliced)||1/4cup|
|Spring onion(finely chopped)||2tbs|
|Black/white pepper powder||1tsp|
- Cook the rice in a boiling water with a tsp of oil and salt and drain the excess water.
- Separate the grains and cool it completely and keep it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok with the oil,saute the garlic,onion and spring onion.
- Now add the veggies one by one and give it a mix,add the salt,keep it for a minute.
- Add the soya sauce and stir it well,then add the pepper powder.
- Finally add the cooked rice to it and toss it gently till everything gets blend well.
- Keep it in a low flame for 2-3 minutes and put off the flame.
- Vegetable Fried Rice is ready.
- Do not add too much of soya sauce otherwise end up in bitter taste.
- Keep the veggies crunchy and not over cooked.
- Chilly sauce can also be added for extra spicy taste,as I wanted milder version I didn't add.
- If you want to add egg to this rice make the scrambled egg with an egg and add it finally,toss it.