Another session of Blogging Marathon has started and for this week I chose to cook the Indian restaurant menu card as theme and the menu is from Akbar restaurant.We need to cook a starter,Chinese menu and Rice/Indian bread for each day from the menu.
As I am a fan of chaat items,after seeing the menu I decided to make Channa Chaat which is a healthy and guilt free starter.Now to the recipe............
|Sweet and sour chutney||11/2tsp|
|Chaat masal powder||3/4tsp|
For Sweet and Sour Chutney/Katta mitta chutney/Imli chutney
|Thick Tamarind paste||1/4cup|
|Red chilly powder||1/2tsp|
|Roasted cumin powder||1/2tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/4tsp|
For the Green Chutney
|Coriander leaves(washed)||1cup(tightly packed)|
|Ginger/inji||1/2 inch piece|
For the sweet and sour chutney
- Mix all the ingredients in a pan and cook it in a medium flame until it reaches the thick consistency.
- Cool the chutney and store it in the refrigerator.
For the green chutney
- Put the ingredients given in a blender or mixie and grind it to fine paste with little water.
- Green chutney is ready.
- In a bowl put the chick peas,onion,tomato,potato,green chilly,chaat masala powder,green chutney,red chutney,salt and mix it well.
- Finally add the coriander leaves and papdis to it and give it a mix.
- Put it in a serving bowl and garnish it with thin sev.
- Serve it immediately.
- The chutney can be made in the microwave oven also,put everything in a microwave safe bowl and cook it for 7 minutes.
- The sweet and sour chutney has a long shelf life and stored in the refrigerator for 3 months.
- Sprinkle the sev just before serving.
- Adjust the amount of chutney according to personal preference.
- Pomegranate kernels and chopped raw mango can also used for extra tangy and rich taste.