|Green chilly(finely chopped)||1no.|
|Red chilly powder/milagai podi||3/4tsp|
|Coriander powder/dhaniya podi||1/2tsp|
|Turmeric powder/manjal podi||1/2tsp|
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker for a whistle and peel the skin,cut into small chunks.
- Heat the pan with oil and crackle the cumin seeds and add the green chilly.
- Add the potato cubes and stir it for a while,now add the powders and salt to it.Mix it gently and keep it in a medium flame for 5 minutes with stirring in between to prevent burning.
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
- Simple yet delicious aloo jeear is ready.
- Serve it with dhal or rotis.
- Instead of cumin and coriander powder separately,a tsp of dhania jeera powder can be used.
- Cook it in a medium flame to prevent burning of the powders,otherwise the color and taste will change.