|Turmeric powder/manjal podi||a pinch(optional)|
- In a microwave safe bowl put all the nuts and roast it for 3-4 minutes,then add the saffron threads and keep it in the microwave for one more minute.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Put the roasted nuts,saffron,cardamom in a nixie jar and pulse it to a fine powder.
- Now add the sugar and grind it for a minute.
- Store it in an air tight container and refrigerate it.
Boil a cup of milk and simmer it for 5 minutes,add 1tbs of badam milk and mix it well.
Serve it warm or cold.
- Don't grind the mixie or blender continuously while grinding the nuts,as the oil content in the nuts tend to make it like a paste.
- Store it in the refrigerator to prevent the nutty smell.
- Adding turmeric powder is purely optional,it is for extra color.
- To make masala milk,add a clove and small piece of cinnamon in the milk and add the required amount of powder.