From this month I joined in blog hop Wednesday of Radhika of Tickling Palates and I am paired up with Kaveri of Palakkad Chamayal.
In Kaveri's blog I found so many traditional Kerela recipes which are quiet interesting and new to me.But I am so much inspired with the whole mung beans and mixed veggies pulao.
As we prefer one pot meal a lot and my kiddo loves to have pulao kind of rice varieties with plain yogurt,I tried the pulao.It came out very flavorful and delicious,had it with onion raitha,mixed veggie kurma.
I exactly followed her same recipe except added few mint leaves while grinding.Now on to the recipe......
|Whole mung beans/paasipayaru||1/2cup|
|Green peas(fresh or frozen)||1/2cup|
|Ginger/inji||1 inch piece|
|Cinnamon/Pattai||2 inch piece|
- Soak the whole mung beans for 1 hour.Wash and soak the basmathi rice for atleast 15 minutes and grind the ingredients to grind into a fine paste and set it aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker or pan with the oil and ghee,do the seasoning with the given ingredients.Saute the onions till transparent with a pinch of salt,then add the ground paste and fry it till the raw smell goes off.Meanwhile boil 11/2cups of water in a sauce pan.
- Then add the tomatoes and cook it till mushy,add the green peas and carrot,give it a mix.Now add the boiled water to it and add the rice,salt.Now add the mung beans and potato,give it a boil.Close the lid and cook it in a medium flame for one whistle.
- Tasty and healthy,protein rich pulao is ready.
- Soaking the rice is very important to get a perfect pulao.
- The amount of water varies depending upon the quality of the rice.
- Veggies such as beans,cauliflower can also be added.