This is a quick and instant dosa which doesn't need any fermentation.Here follows the recipe for crispy rava dosai......
|Maida/All purpose flour||1/4cup|
|Curry leaves(chopped)||2 sprigs|
|Coconut pieces(finely chopped)||1tbs|
Soak the rava in 2 cups of water for half an hour to one hour.Add the rice flour and maida to the soaked rava,mix it well.Now the batter might be thick and add another cup of water to it.
- The secret of getting a crispy rava dosa is adjusting the flame,while pouring the batter the flame should be medium and needs to increase it to a high flame to get crispy.
- Do the trial with the first dosa,accordingly adjust the consistency of the water.If the batter is too thin or thick the dosa won't comes out nice.
- For the given measurement approximately 41/2-5 cups of water is needed.
- Mix the batter completely before making each dosa as it tends to settle in the bottom.
- Drizzle the oil to the dosa once the batter is cooked otherwise it will take a long time to cook and be generous with oil to get a crispy dosa.
- The black pepper can be crushed and added.
- The batter can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days.