tomato thokku without any pickle masala version.But today's version is a slightly different one with the pickle masala and bit spicy which I learned from my friend's mom.This is a flavorful and tangy,spicy pickle which goes very well with curd rice,other tiffin varieties such as idly,dosa and upma.Now on to the recipe.......
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
Chop the tomatoes finely,dry roast the fenugreek seeds,mustard seeds separately and powder it in a mortar or blender,keep aside.
Heat 2tbs of oil in a heavy bottom pan.Once the oil is hot add the chopped tomato and cook it for 5-6 minutes.
- Be generous in the oil to keep the pickle fresh and for long shelf life.
- Cover the tomato while cooking otherwise it will splash.
- Sliced garlic can also be added in the tempering.
- Chopping the tomatoes to fine pieces makes the cooking fast otherwise it takes long time to get cook.
- Do not cook for a long time after adding the powder.
This goes for Cooking Concepts#9-Spring Seasonal Food event happening at Sravs Culinary Concepts and Pickles and Preserves Fest at Sizziling tastebuds.