This is a simple and easy to make soft,spongy dosa which I have adapted from a magazine.My son calls this dosa as idly like dosa since it is very spongy.It tastes great with a spicy chutney or coconut chutney and I make it atleast monthly once or twice,as my family likes this dosa very much.Today is the day 6 of blogging marathon #15 under fermented foods and now to the recipe....
|Idly rice/Pulungal arisi||2cups|
|Baking soda||two generous pinch|
Wash and soak the rice and rice flakes in the buttermilk for at least 4-5 hours.Grind it to a smooth batter.Allow it to ferment for 6-8 hours.Add the salt and soda to it and mix it well to the desired consistency with water.The batter should be slightly watery than regular dosa batter.
- Heat the griddle and pour a ladle full of batter(no need to spread),drizzle few drops of oil.
- Cook it covered in a medium flame for a minute or till it gets cooked (no need to flip).Take out from the pan and serve it.
- Serve it with a spicy coconut chutney.
- One day older buttermilk works very well for this dosa.
- While pouring the batter the pan should be hot,once the holes started coming reduce the flame and cook it covered.
- We like the coconut chutney made with red chillies(used kashmiri variety) and garlic as an accompaniment for this dosa
- If the batter is too thick or thin the pores won't be formed.