Today's recipe is raw mango pachadi which is a must in our Tamil new year festive menu,made this one for Tamil New Year.This is a simple and easy to make pachadi which has a mixed taste of sweet,salt,tangy and bit spicy which goes very well with curd rice and sambhar rice.Now to the recipe.......
|Red chilly powder||1/4tsp|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Urad dhal/ullutham paruppu||1tsp|
|Dried red chilly(broken)||1no.|
Peel the skin of the mango,slice it to thin pieces and powder the jaggery and keep aside.
- Put the sliced mangoes in a pan,add 1/2 cup of water,salt,red chilly powder and cook it covered in a medium flame till it becomes soft.Now mash half of the mango pieces.
- Add the jaggery,cook it till the jaggery melts or approximately 3-5 minutes.
- In a separate pan do the tempering and add it to the mango and mix it well.
- Mango Pachadi is ready.
- Grated coconut can also be added after the jaggery melts.
- If you want the pachadi to be mushy and jam like consistency,grate the mango in a grater and cook it.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Jaggery can be substituted with sugar and the amount of jaggery or sugar depends on the sourness of the mango.