Coming to day 2 recipe under the theme rice dishes in Blogging Marathon#65 is a variety rice.This post has been lying in my draft so long,finallydecided to share it for the theme.
Be it for pooja prasadham or lunchbox or travel food,the first thing come to my mind is puliyodharai aka tamarind rice.
Though I make puliyodharai often never get a chance to click as most of the time nothing left after packing for lunch box.
If the rice mix/pulikaichal is ready,all you need is to mix it with rice and serve or pack it for lunch box.The pulikaichal can be stored in the refrigerator for a month or two.Off to the recipe..........
- The pulikaichal needs to be on the thicker side.
- Sesame oil is preferable to make the pulikaichal,but I used 2 tbs of olive oil and 2 tbs of sesame oil.
- After adding the ground powder do not boil it for long time.
- A tsp of jaggery powder can also be added after the ground powder is addded.
- As my red chillies are not spicy I used around 15,if it is spice enough you can reduce it.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#65