For the final day of blogging marathon #43 I am sharing a simple and healthy sundal made with yellow peas.
Though sundal is mostly made for festivals such as vinayar chaturthi and navaratri,I make it often for my kid's evening snack or snack box.Sundal can be made with variety of lentils with or with no coconut.Here goes the recipe.................
Soaking time ~ 8 hours
Preparation time ~15 minutes
Cooking time ~ 15 minutes
Serves ~ 2
For the Tempering
|Mustard seeds/kadugu||1/2 tsp|
|Curry leaves||few leaves|
- Soak the peas for 8 hrs or overnight and pressure cook it for 2 whistles in a high flame with a pinch of salt.After pressure subsides drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile pulse the grated coconut,green chilly and ginger in a blender to a coarse paste without adding any water.
- Heat a pan with oil and do the tempering and add the coarse paste and saute it,immediately add the cooked peas and salt.
- Mix it well till everything gets blend and put off the flame.
- If needed garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Do not cook the peas for more than 2 whistles otherwise it may turn mushy.