Coming to day 2 of blogging marathon #43,I chose to share a simple and healthy sandwich.As both my kids love to have sandwiches I make quiet often with different stuffing for snack.
Today's recipe can be made with left over channa masala also,but here I made the stuffing separately. This sandwich is so filling and can be had with no guilt.I usually use generous amount of butter for kids and for us with no butter.With no further delay lets move on to the recipe...................................
Soaking time ~ 8 hours
Preparation time ~15 minutes
Cooking time ~ 25 minutes
Red chilly powder
Turmeric powder/manjal podi
Garam Masala powder
For the Sandwich
|Mint Chutney||2-3 tbs|
- Soak the channa /chickpeas for 8 hours and pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles in a medium flame.
- Heat a pan with oil and crackle the cumin seeds,add the chopped onion with a pinch of salt.Add the ginger&garlic paste and fry it for a minute,then goes in the chopped tomato and cook it until mushy.
- Now add in the spice powders and salt,give it a mix.Add the cooked chickpeas and mix it well till everything blends well.Sprinkle some water if it is too dry.Cook it for couple of minutes or till it becomes dry.Slightly mash the chickpeas with the ladle.Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.Now the stuffing is ready.
- Now apply some green chutney on one of the slice and keep a generous amount of stuffing.Apply butter on the another slice of the bread and cover the stuffing.Apply some butter on the sandwich maker and top of the bread slice,toast it or toast it in a griddle.Cut it into two triangles.
- Channa Masala Sandwich is ready.Serve it with ketchup and juice.
Check out my fellow bloggers who is participating in Blogging Marathon #43.