As Navaratri is around the corner wanted to share some sundal recipes.Sundal is made for Navaratri and offered to God as Prashadam.As we don't have the practice of keeping Golu at my place,we make sundal for each day and offered to God.
Today's recipe is a healthy sundal with the sweet corn,can be made in a jiffy.Here I used frozen sweet corn,now on to the recipe......................
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Serves - 2(generously)
|Sweet corn(fresh or frozen)||11/2cups)|
|Green chilly(finely chopped)||2|
|Curry leaves||4-5 leaves|
|Urad dhal/ullutham paruppu||1tsp|
- Cook the sweet corn in the microwave oven for 4-5 minutes or according to the package instructions with enough water and a pinch of salt.Drain the excess water if any and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil,do the tempering with mustard and urad dhal,the add the asafoetida,green chilly,red chilly,curry leaves.
- Add the chopped carrot and saute it for a minute,then add cooked corn and toss it well.
- Finally add the grated coconut and mix it well.
- Sweet corn Sundal is ready.
- Finely chopped mango can also be added for extra tangy taste.
- Along with chopped carrot,finely chopped onion can be used.
- If you are using fresh corn cook it in the microwave with the cob for 5 -6 minutes and remove the kernels.