Sandwiches are my favorite and love to have it for a light meal.Today's recipe is one such a simple and easy to make one and I adapted the recipe from Priya's Versatile Recipes in which she tried from Sharmis Passion.I slightly tweaked the recipe according my taste buds.
This sandwich doesn't need any fancy ingredients and it can be made in a jiffy and tastes awesome.I grilled the sandwich but if you want you can toast it directly in a pan or in a sandwich maker.Here goes the recipe.....................
|Red chilly powder/milgai podi||1tsp|
|Coriander powder/dhaniya podi||a pinch|
|Turmeric powder/manjal podi||a pinch|
|Garam masala powder (optional)||a pinch|
|Butter/vennai or ghee||1-2tbs|
- First heat a pan with tsp of oil and saute the mint leaves,green chilly for couple of minutes and transfer to a blender jar.To this add the grated coconut,salt and lemon juice.Grind it to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Now to the same pan heat the oil and throw in the cumin seeds,saute the onions with a pinch of salt till transparent.
- Add the spice powders and salt,mix it well.Cook it for a minute.
- Now apply the mint chutney on one side of the bread slice and keep the onion filling.
- Press it gently and toast it with butter in a pan/sandwich maker or grill it .
- Simple yet delicious and filling Sandwich is ready.
- The addition of garam masala powder is purely optional,instead of red chilly powder,sambar powder can be used.
- You can use both white or wheat bread to make this sandwich.
- Along with mint,fresh coriander leaves also can be used to make the chutney.