As I already promised in Kulambhu Milagai Thool post,today I am sharing you a simple chicken kulambhu made in pressure cooker.
This is an easy to make chicken kulambhu,doesn't need any marination and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
This kulambhu tastes great with rice,parotta and idlys,we usually make slightly thinner for parotas and idly.Now on to the recipe................................
|Onions(chopped)||2( medium size)|
|Green chilly(slit lengthy)||4-5|
|Kulambhu milagai powder||11/2tbs|
|Curry leaves||2 sprigs|
|Coriander leaves||as needed|
Grind to a paste
For the tempering
- Clean and cut the chicken to bite sized pieces,grind the given ingredients to a fine paste and set it aside.
- Heat a pressure pan or cooker with oil and crackle the fennel seeds then add the cinnamon and clove.
- Now add in the green chillies,curry leaves along with the onions.Saute it with a pinch of salt,till translucent.
- Then goes in ginger and garlic paste,fry it for a minute or two,add the tomato.Cook it mushy,now add the chicken pieces,spice powder,turmeric powder,salt.
- Give it a mix,add about 2 cups of water and close with the lid,cook it for two whistles.
- After the pressure subsides add the ground paste boil it till the raw smell goes off or 6-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the coriander leaves anfd put off the flame.
- Serve it with rice or parotta,roti.
- Instead of kulambhu milagai thool/powder,2 tsp of chilly powderand 1 tbs of coriander powder and 1/4tsp of garam mamasla powder can be used.