For the final of Blogging Marathon #31 under the theme I made savory adai/pancake with lentils and finger millet(raagi).
My mom makes this kind of adai for breakfast or evening snack with the leftover regular adai batter made for dinner or breakfast.
She mixes either wheat flour or raagi flour with the adai batter and makes mini adai or dosa.This adai doesn't need any accompaniment as it tastes good as such but I like to have it both coconut chutney and tomato chutney.
To make it more healthy you can add grated carrot,beetroot,coconut and chopped coriander or spinach to it.Here goes the recipe for healthy adai...............................
|Boiled rice/idly rice|
|Channa dha/kadla paruppu||1/4cup|
|Toor dhal/split pigeon peas|
|Raagi flour/finger millet powder|
|Curry leaves/karivepillai||few leaves|
- Soak the rice and dhal separately for 2-3 hours and grind it along with red chilly,ginger and fennel seeds to a coarse paste.
- Transfer it to a bowl,to this add the raagi flour,salt and mix it well.
- Heat a pan with a tsp of oil,once the pan becomes hot add the onion,grated coconut,chopped curry leaves,coriander leaves.Saute it with a pinch of salt till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add it to the rice mixture and mix it till everything blends well.
- Heat a griddle and pour a small ladle of batter on it to make 4 or 5 mini adai at a time depending on the size of the griddle.
- Drizzle some oil and cook it both the sides till becomes golden.Transfer to the plate.
- Serve it with coconut chutney or tomato chutney.
- Instead of onion finely chopped shallots can be used to make it more flavorful.
- Wheat flour and raagi flour both can be mixed and made.