Coming to second day of of blogging marathon #28,made a kootu with raw banana and black chickpeas.
This kootu is served as an accompaniment for the variety rice meal served in baby shower in our family custom.
In some households instead of raw banana,egg plant(brinjal) is used.Lets get into the recipe.................
|Raw Banana/Vazhakkai||2(chopped finely)|
|Black Chick peas/kondakadalai||1/2cup|
|Turmeric powder/manjal podi||1/4tsp|
For the tempering
|Curry leaves/karivepillai||5 leaves|
- Cook the dhal and black chickpeas separately in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles
- Boil the chopped raw banana with a pinch of turmeric powder and salt in boiling water till it becomes soft.Drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and do the tempering with the ingredients,saute the onion and tomato.Now add the cooked dhal and sambar powder,salt.
- Then add a cup of water and cook it for a boil.Now add the cooked banana,cooked chickpeas and grated coconut.Cook it for a minute or two.
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and turn off the fire.
- Serve it as an accompaniment or with white rice.
- If you are using eggplant ,add the chopped eggplant along with the onion and tomato,saute it and cook.
- Peanuts can also be used instead of chick peas.