Hello friends I am happy to announce that I am hosting Sangeetha's Show Me Your Hits event for the month of July which starts from today and ends in 31st July.I am so much thankful to Sangeetha for giving me this wonderful opportunity.
I chose the legumes and lentils for the HITS as a theme,legumes are class of vegetables that includes beans and peas.Lentils are the whole form of dals like whole masoor which are rich in fiber, protein.
Legumes are typically low in fat, contain no cholesterol, and are high in folate, potassium, iron and magnesium. They also contain beneficial fats and soluble and insoluble fiber. A good source of protein, legumes can be a healthy substitute for meat.
Please send in your entries with legumes and lentils and make the event successful.
Some of the common legumes are
- Adzuki beans/Red chori/Thattapayaru
- Black beans
- Black eye beans
- Chickpeas/Garbanzo beans/Channa
- Cranberry beans
- Cow peas/Vellakaramani/Alasanda
- Fava beans
- Green peas
- Lima beans
- Moth beans
- Mung beans
- Pinto beans
- Pink beans
- Red Kidney beans or Rajma
- Whole Massor
- Black lentil/whole black urad
- Split Yellow peas
- Cook any course of recipe from any cuisine but vegetarian dishes only. Eggs are also included both in baking n as a recipe.
- But the recipe should be made with any lentils or legumes or combo.
- Deep fried entries are not accepted.
- Use of logo is appreciated as it helps spread the word.
- All the entries should be Linked to my HITS announcement page and my announcement is mandatory.
- Only 2 Archived entries are accepted as long as they are linked with both announcements.
- Multiple New Entries are accepted.
- Event runs from July 1st-July 31st.
- Link your recipes to the linky tool.