For the 3rd day of BM#72 themed under milk based sweet is Paal poli.As the name says,a small fried poori is dunked in cardamom and saffron scented condensed milk(paal).
The poori can be made with all purpose flour or semolina.As my grand mom used to make these pooris with semolina, I followed the same.But the dough needs to rest for an hour.But with the all purpose flour it can be fried right away.Off to the recipe.....
- The amount of sugar can be increased according to personal preference.
- While adding the milk to the poori it will be more but after soaking it will be suffcient.
- If the milk turned cold,then warm it up and add it to the pooris,otherwise it will take long time to get the pooris soaked.
- Condensed milk can be added for extra rich taste.
- The color of the milk gets intense as the saffron gets soaked very well in the milk.
- I clicked the picture within 10 minutes of soaking.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#72