Entering the second week of Blogging marathon edition 72 with milk based desserts/sweets.For day 1 its boondi rabdi,one of the tastiest sweet,my family likes.Its a nice way to use the left over boondi or boondi ladoo. I made a larger quantity of Boondi for Diwali and it lasts more than week.After a week we got bored to eat the same boondi,so tried this boondi rabdi for our week end lunch.The sweet came out extremely delicious and kids loved it a lot.
Coming to the recipe,the rabdi can be made in advance and chilled.Boondi can be added before serving.This sweet can be served both chilled or at room temperature.
This post has been lying in the drafts since some time and due to my laptop issues,I couldn't edit the pictures.Finally I am sharing the recipe today which fits for the theme.Let's move on to the recipe.......
- The amount of sugar can be increased according to personal preference.Since boondi has sweet I added around 4 tbs only.
- Tastes better when it is served chilled.
- The consistency of the rabdi will be thick after cooling.If you feel its too thick after chilling add some milk and adjust it.
- The color gets deeper after cooling as the saffron it getting soaked.
- As Boondi has cashews,I added only almonds and pistachios.
- If you are using boondi ladoo,crumble the ladoo and use it.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#72