For the final day of the theme,4 ingredients recipe in BM#69 edition is colorful sweet boondi.Boondi and Boondi ladoo are the authentic sweets mostly made for Diwali in many households.
As my kids love boondi and ladoo,I make either one of them for Diwali.This year,planned to make boondi and like to share the recipe for boondi.As it needs only 4 main ingredients,also fit for the theme.Off to the recipe.............
- The amount of sugar can be increased up to 1.5 cups but I used 1.25 cups which was enough for us.
- The consistency of the sugar syrup is important to get it coated well.If it is not in a perfect consistency,the boondi will be soggy.
- A small mustard size of edible camphor can also be added in the sugar syrup.
- Check the consistency of the batter by dropping few drops in the hot oil.If it comes out perfect round then proceed.If it has a tail the the batter is too thick and come out flat means its too thin.
- Wipe the boondi ladle with a clesn wet cloth or paper towel each round to get a nice shaped boondi.
- Adding rice flour is purely optional,but I add it.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#69