We are entering the final week of Blogging Marathon #62 and for this week I chose to share quick meals.
Since my week days cooking is always simple and takes 30-40 minutes.But I do some of the preparations in the previous day itself.Prior preparation makes the morning cooking so easy.
As my Hubby prefers mostly South Indian food,every other day is a simple and comforting South Indian menu.Today's recipe is a flavorful vendhaya kulambhu and paired it with cabbage kottu and rice.
For this kulambhu preparation I used the store bought tamarind paste and chopped the cabbage previous day,kept it in the refrigerator.As both needs coconut paste I ground it together and used.I kept the rice in an electric cooker and while the kulambhu is boiling I made the kootu.Lets move on to the recipe...........
- Instead of shallots,onion can be used.
- Fenugreek seeds need to crackle completely in the oil otherwise the kulambhu may turn bitter.
- As my red chilly powder was spicy I used 1.5 tsp,it can increased up to 2 tsp.
- Instead of channa dhal,moong dhal can also be used..
- Addition of onion is purely optional,also green chilly can grind along with coconut.
Check out the blogging marathon page for the fellow bloggers participating in BM#62.