For the final day blogging marathon#61 themed under meals dishes is sambar sadam.This post with step wise picture were lying in my drafts since 3 years,could not find the main pictures in my drive.
Also I wanted to share the restaurant style mini meals and finally made it.
I am a great fan of this mini meals available in most of the South Indian Vegetarian restaurant chains.
The menu is with tomato rice,sambar rice,curd rice,fryums,raita,potato fry,pickle and kesari.
This version of sambar rice is slightly different from bisebelabath and uses sambar powder also some freshly ground spice powder.
- After cooling the rice may get thicken,so add the reserved sambar and mix it well.
- Here I used both shallots and onion,it can be made with shallots or onions.
- When the rice is hot it may be watery but after cooling it would thicken.
- Here I used the frozen drumstick,that why I cooked it separately in the MW and add it when the sambar was boiling.
- Ghee is so important to give a nice taste so don't skip it.
Check out the blogging marathon page for the other bloggers participating in BM#61.