For Ganesh Chaturthi we make variety of Kozhukattai to offer to Lord Ganesh(Pillaiyar).The main one is the purana kozhukattai made with the channa dhal stuffing in my mom's place.
But after coming to U.S,I make the simplified version of purana kozhukattai using coconut and jaggery.As Ganesh Chaturthi is around the corner I wanted to share this recipe under the Festival Theme for the Blogging Marathon #43.This stuffing can be stored in the refrigerator for a week.Off to the recipe...........................................
- The amount of water for the outer layer depends on the quality of rice flour.
- Keep the dough covered to prevent drying.
- The stuffing may be bit loose when it is hou but after cooling it becomes thick.
- To make it easy and convenient roll the stuffing to a small ball and keep it.
- Check out my fellow bloggers who is participating in Blogging Marathon #43.