Today's recipe is a spicy Andhra chicken which I bookmarked from Srivalli's blog and i tried it for weekend lunch,it tasted awesome.Due to the color of my red chilly powder the color was in a darker side,her's is in a perfect spicy color.
As Hubby dear prefers dry fry I made it drier version,you can adjust the consistency as per your preference.She used the pressure cooker to cook the chicken but here the chicken gets cooked faster so I made it in the pan.
This chicken fry is a perfect go with pulao and rasam rice.Try this spicy chicken fry and enjoy,lets move on to the recipe...................
Preparation Time ~ 15 minutes
Cooking Time ~ 30 minutes
|Chicken(with bones or bone less)||1lbs|
|Onion/ vengayam(finely chopped)||1 (medium size)|
|Tomato(chopped)||1 (medium size)|
|Red chilly powder||1tsp|
|Curry leaves/karivepillai||1 sprig|
To Roast and Grind
- Clean and cut the chicken to a bite size pieces and add 1/2tsp of salt,turmeric powder and 1/2tsp of salt.Mix it well and keep it.
- Meanwhile dry roast the given ingredients in a pan and grind it to a semi coarse powder,keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil crackle the fennel seeds,add in the curry leaves and green chilly.Saute the onion to transparent and add the ginger&garlic paste,continue sauteing till the raw smell disappears.
- Next goes in the chopped tomato and cook it until mushy then add in the red chilly powder and coriander powder,give it a mix.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook it for couple of minutes till it changes the color,add in the remaining salt and around a cup of water.
- Cook it covered in a medium flame till the chicken becomes tender.
- Now add the ground spice powder and cook it and till the moisture gets evaporated.finally sprinkle the coriander leaves.
- Spicy Andhra chicken fry is ready.
- Serve it rasam rice or pulao.
- The amount of spices given were for a bit spicier version.
- Here I used the some the chicken pieces with bone and some boneless.