We group of people started a monthly event for baking for both bloggers and non-bloggers initiated by Priya of Priyas Versatile recipes.
For this month challenge,Divya of Divya's culinary journey announced 4 different pizza with the home made tomato sauce,a recipe from Martha Stewart.
As we love the veggie pizza I chose to make it with the veggies such such as onion,capsicum,mushrooms and baby corn for the toppings.The tomato sauce here I used is the store bought and with the herbs.Now on to the recipe..........................
|All purpose flour||31/4cups+for dusting|
|Instant yeast||1 package(21/2tsp)|
|Olive oil||31/2tbs+more for bowl|
|Oil (for brushing)||1tsp(optional)|
- In a bowl add the flour,instant yeast,salt and sugar add the warm water and 1tbs of oil and mix it well.
- Knead it well with the remaining oil to a soft and elastic dough for 6-7 minutes.Smooth the dough and brush the bowl with little oil and keep the dough inside.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and keep it in a warm place 40- 60 minutes or it doubled.
- After the dough doubled,remove the wrap and punch it down,knead it for 2 minutes.Smooth it and keep for the second raise for 30 minutes.
- Now preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Punch down the dough, and transfer to a clean surface. Using a sharp knife, divide the dough in half, and knead each half four or five turns into a ball.
- Place one of the dough balls back in the oiled bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Lightly flour a clean surface, place the remaining dough ball on top, pat into a flattened circle, cover lightly with plastic wrap, and let rest 5 minutes.
- Using your fingers, begin to flatten and push the dough evenly out from the center until it measures about 7 to 8 inches in diameter.
- Do not press the dough all the way to the edges. Leave a slightly raised border, about a half-inch wide, around entire circumference of pizza dough.
- Transfer it to a pizza stone or pan and with the help of fork prick it on the surface in 10-15 times.
- Mix the Italian seasoning with the tomato sauce and apply on the rolled dough.
- Arrange the veggies on top of the tomato sauce then sprinkled the cheese.Brush the edges with oil
- Bake it in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until bottom turns light golden brown and cheese melted.
- After its done completely remove it from the oven and slice with a pizza wheel and serve it.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
Linking to the Home Bakers Challenge event happening at Divya's space.
- As instant yeast used here I directly added to the flour and used warm water for kneading.
- The water should be warm enough to activate the yeast.