As my kiddo and hubby dear both likes non-veg most of our Sunday lunch would be either chicken or egg.My son prefers chicken 65 and some mild pulaos rather than biriyani and curry so I make either chicken pulao or veggie pulao.
This chicken pulao is a milder version and the spice level can be adjusted according to the preference.Last Sunday I made this pulao and paired up with chicken 65,chicken kulambhu.
As I was in a hurry on that day I couldn't take nice pictures,will update the picture soon.Now off to the recipe ........................
|Onion(thinly sliced)||3nos.(medium size)|
|Coriander leaves||as needed|
|Chilly powder/milagai podi||1tsp|
|Coriander powder/dhania podi||1/2tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/2tsp|
|Turmeric powder/manjal podi||1/4tsp|
- Clean and cut the chicken,marinate the chicken with the given ingredients for atleast 30-45 minutes and soak the rice in water and keep aside.
- Heat a pressure pan or cooker with oil+ghee and add the ingredients given for seasoning,saute the onion and green chillies till transparent.
- Now add the mint,coriander leaves followed by ginger &garlic paste and fry it till the raw smell goes off.
- Once the ginger&garlic paste is cooked add the marinated chicken and saute it,add 1/2cup of water and salt,cook the chicken gets half cooked.
- Add the rice and mix it in the chicken mixture for a while or till everything gets blend well.Now add 21/2 cups of hot water and let it boil.
- Close the lid and pressure cook it for one whistle in a medium flame and keep it in a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid once the pressure subsides and finally add the lemon juice,fluff it with a fork gently without breaking the rice grains.
- Serve it with raitha or chicken curry.
- For extra flavor 1/4 cup of thick coconut milk and the chicken need s to be marinated for atleast 30 minutes to get a juicy chicken.
- Soaking the rice in water is also very important to get a perfectly cooked rice grain.