As the temperature reaches 100 degrees Fahrenheit here I wanted to try the vadam this year for first time as per my mom's method.I scaled down the measurement as the space for me to spread the vadam is less.It came out very nice and here goes the recipe........
|Rice Flour/Arisi maavu||2cups|
|Salt||2tsp or as needed|
Soak the sago for 1-2 hours and grind it in a blender along with green chillies to a fine paste.In a wide bowl take the rice flour,ground paste,salt,asafoetida and mix it well with 2-3 cups of water and keep aside.
Keep a heavy bottom pan in the stove top and boil the remaining water,once the water starts boil add the prepared mixture to the boiling water.
- The amount of water depends on the quality of rice and sago,so keep in reserve some hot water.
- If the prepared batter is too thick the add the hot water and mix it well.
- One tbs of lemon juice can be added to the koozh after cooling for tangy taste.
- Make sure the mixture becomes cool while squeezing otherwise the vadam turns out brown in clour while frying.
- Instead of rice flour the raw rice can be soaked and grind it to a paste and used.
- If you are using cotton cloth for squeezing,sprinkle water to remove the dried vadams from the cloth for easy removal and dry it completely.