Bajji,bonda and pakodas are the tempting deep fried snacks with the same base,the gram flour and rice flour.
I always make the mix and store it in the freezer to make bajjis or pakodas in no time if there is a unexpected guest.
This recipe I got it from one of our family cook and here goes the recipe.................
|All purpose flour/maida||3tbs|
|Red chilly powder/milai podi||1tbs|
Take all the measured ingredients in a wide bowl and mix it well using a spatula or put everything in a food processor and pulse it till everything gets mixed well.
Store it in an air tight container or a zip-lock bag.
- It can be stored in the freezer for 6 months.
- After mixing everything,you can sieve it in a strainer and store it.
- If you want to use food color it should be added at the time of making the bajji or pakoda.Do not add in the mix while storing.
- A tbs of cornflour can also be added and the amount of salt can be adjusted according to the personal preference.
Cauliflower Bajji or Pakora using the Homemade Mix
|Food color(optional)||a pinch|
- Put the cauliflower florets in the boiling water for a minute with a pinch of salt and drain it,keep aside.
- Take the bajji mix,food color in a bowl and add water and stir it with a whisk or spoon and make a batter without lumps.
- Heat a wok or pan with oil,once the oil becomes hot dip one floret in the batter and drop it in the oil,continue for the rest of the florets.
- Fry it in the oil till it becomes golden color or the sizzling sound stops.Remove it from the oil and drain it on a paper towel.
- Serve it with ketchup or sauce of your choice.
- The batter should be in dropping consistency,it should not be too thick or thin.
- Veggies of your choice can be used to make the bajji.
- If the prepared batter is more,add the thinly sliced onion.green chillies,curry leaves and a pinch of salt and mix it well,fry it in the oil till it gets crispy.